Two Sisters from Cheriyanad handed over their home to Malankara Orthodox Church

Written By: on Dec 6th, 2012 and filed under Church News, Features, News.

Marykutty (85) and Lisyamma (82), Nakkolackal Elayidathu Padinjattethil House, Cheriyanad handing over their entire property to H.H Moran Mar Baselios Marthoma Paulose II, the Catholicos

CHENGANNUR: Marykutty (85) and Lisyamma (82), Nakkolackal Elayidathu Padinjattethil House, Cheriyanad, Chengannur have donated their own home (two storied, 3000 sq.ft area) and accompanying 3 acres of land to Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.

The title deed of the entire property was handed over to H.H Moran Mar Baselios Marthoma Paulose II at a meeting held at Elayidathu Padinjattethil House on 29th November 2012. Thomas Mar Athanasios, Metropolitan of Chengannur presided over the meeting.

Dr Yuhanon Mar Chrisostomos, Metropolitan of Niranam along with 15 priests of Malankara Orthodox Church were also present on the occasion.

It is the fulfilment of a dream and vision of our departed unmarried sisters late Thankammachy and Babyamma” said Marykutty and Lisyamma.

While speaking His Holiness proclaimed of undertaking the responsibility in ensuring the welfare affairs of these two elderly sisters. Metropolitan Dr Yuhanon Mar Chrisostomos will undertake measures for the later development of this house to a convent.

Elayidathu Padinjattethil House is the mother’s home of late George Varghese Cor-Episcopa, Parampil, Puthencavu who was the founder and developer of St George Malankara Orthodox Church and its associated 12 acres of rubber plantation at Kozhuvalloor, Chengannur.

News reported by Dr S G Stephen

Click For More Articles By:

Readers are welcome to leave their thoughts and reflections below by posting a comment on this topic.
(9 votes, average: 4.33 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

Email This Post Email This Post

Print This Post Print This Post

Disclaimer: Indian Orthodox Herald does not moderate or edit the comments posted in this column. All opinions are solely of the writers and IOH holds no responsibility what so ever for the views written here below.

34 Responses for “Two Sisters from Cheriyanad handed over their home to Malankara Orthodox Church”

1. abraham says:

Dear all my Readers,

A quick clarification from my part, the comments I posted on 13 Jan (incidentally it is repeated with two timing 12:22 pm and 2:45 pm) are in response to the posting of Jan 11, 4:00 am by an imposter of Mathew John. Now that the original Mathew John has clarified, it brings to light the group of devious minds working behind the whole deal. My thanks to original Mathew John for clarifying the fake posting through his posting of Jan 12, 11:58 pm. The confusion is from the delay in updates happening on the website. Incidentally all 4 last postings appeared only on 14 Jan.

This essentially establishes the there is a vicious group working behind this donation. I would challenge all the so called well wishers of this donation to come up with just one-tenth of similar donation to the church. That would give some sanctity to the cause you are advocating and I would be able appreciate your sincerity as well.

I do not wish to respond to Babu’s comments as he has nothing but a bunch of lies responding to probably his own or one of his cronies bunch of lies. I have made it amply clear in all my posting that it is not the wealth that I am concerned of. However, Babu and his cronies keep harping on the wealth which is their interest. These people can never understand family lineage and values which they never had or will be able to appreciate. At least people who can understand these values do appreciate my position and will understand things better. I would say these are reflections of their thoughts and I pity the Ammachis for walking into their trap without understanding their true intentions. I do not wish to waste my time on these barking dogs. In any case, these postings brings out the vested interests playing behind this donation and the truthfulness and sincerity of the great donation to church. Just for a clarity, Babu’s own statement shows that Joykutty held the property from 1971 to 1992 after the so called deed and he could have sold it anytime after 1971 as he had all rights to do so. It was compelling reasons that he sold his property in 1992.

2. abraham says:

My father has been well recognised for his helping hand to anyone in need, irrespective of cast, creed or religion. There are people in Cheriyanad also who will vouch for this. My maternal family also has been very generous for good causes, be it from church or outside. As I stated before, today by the Grace of God, we have enough assets in Chengaroor and other parts of Kerala under Nackolackal family name and I am not greedy like you to snatch someone else’s property or even think so.

Your finding that my mother (I wouldn’t refer your deplorable reference anymore and please refrain yourself as well) is behind this is totally unfounded. If she wanted to bring rift in the family, she could have done it 4 or 5 decades ago. It was her respect for her husband’s family, the values she stand for and my father’s decision to support his unmarried sisters in whatever little way he could, that made her to go through all this with dignity. With my father no more and having lived most or all her life in Chengaroor, she doesn’t want any share of this property at this point of time. I am writing this with her full knowledge and conviction.

I have made it amply clear in my last posting and I will state it again, two things that I am aggrieved are the allegations made on my father by his sister and the fact that my ancestral home, the place my father and his siblings grew, is likely to go into the hands of devious minds like that of Mathew John who wouldn’t understand anything about the lineage and the pride that we attach to it inspite of the fact that the family line still exists and continue to exist. I am thankful that at least a few do understand and appreciate this fact, but there will be many like Mathew John, who will have vested interests and act as well wishers to Ammachis for their own benefits. I also hope that Miss Saramma Abraham will sometime understand my sincerity in this matter, after all we still belong to the same lineage and family.

3. It seems Mathew John has some devious interest in this, or else you shouldn’t be bothering with ‘further enquiries’. Your mean reference to ‘lady from Mallapally’ being behind all this only shows vicious mind. Miss Saramma Abraham has acknowledged she is from Vattasseril family which is one of the most respectable families amongst Orthodox Christians and a family which takes immense pride in the contributions of Vattasseril Thirumeni to the Orthodox church. It is obvious that you don’t understand any of these things which only shows your family background and upbringing. It is obvious you are not from the family and when I said we should protect this property from ‘Mafias’ and ‘robbers’, I meant you guys only. What is your interest in this when you are not from the family? I guess you intentionally used a fake name to create confusion on some other postings on the site.
    Your finding that my mother (I wouldn’t refer your deplorable reference anymore and please refrain yourself as well) is behind this is totally unfounded. If she wanted to bring rift in the family, she could have done it 4 or 5 decades ago. It was her respect for her husband’s family, the values she stand for and my father’s decision to support his unmarried sisters in whatever little way he could, that made her to go through all this with dignity. With my father no more and having lived most or all her life in Chegaroor, she doesn’t want any share of this property at this point of time. I am writing this with her full knowledge and conviction.
    I have made it amply clear in my last posting and I will state it again, two things that I am aggrieved are the allegations made on my father by his sister and the fact that my ancestral home, the place my father and his siblings grew, is likely to go into the hands of devious minds like that of Mathew John who wouldn’t understand anything about the lineage and the pride that we attach to it inspite of the fact that the family line still exists and continue to exist. I am thankful that at least a few do understand and appreciate this fact, but there will be many like Mathew John, who will have vested interests and act as well wishers to Ammachis for their own benefits. I also hope that Miss Sramma Abraham will sometime understand my sincerity in this matter, after all we still belong to the same lineage and family.

4. Mathew John says:

Dear Readers,

I would like to clarify here that somebody is using my identity here and putting false comments about this family in this forum. Though I know this family, I do not have any interest in their family matters or this issue. This is a serious case of identity theft by this person which can cause serious implications to him or whoever supporting him.

Whoever made this comment, it is evident that he doesn’t have any respect to ladies. Though he is an outsider to this family, I am not sure what makes this gentleman to interfere in this family matters. Does he has any vested interest in this property or these Ammachi’s vast assets? It seems he has some personal revenge to Mr.Abraham’s family.

I have a small advice to Miss. Saramma Abraham, beware of this fake gentleman as he is very cunning and he might be a danger for your family. I read yours as well as Mr.Abrahams comments and I feel so pity on you both. The morality and sanctity of this donation is lost by your comments.

5. Babu Cheriyanadu says:

Dear Mathew John,

That’s very interesting. We, the the local people from Cheriyanadu, noticed these nasty responses from Abraham very surprising. This Abraham who might be in his mid 30s now has hardly visited his ancesteral land. I was involved in the measurement of his father’s (Joykutty’s) property when he sold it in 1992. It was because of his wife’s insistence that he sold his ancestral share of the property in 1992 as they had already made up their mind they would never want a pinch of sand from their ancestral property.

As Saramma Abraham stated, Abraham’s father Joykutty received the maximum individual share of the ancestral land which was more than 1 and1/2 acres of the entire ancestral property and he outrightly sold his share and put the money in his pocket in 1992. In 1971 according to their partition deed, Joykutty received about one-third of the entire property although he had about 7 siblings. Any sensible reader can understand that the land value in Kerala has gone up significantly in the last 10 years and our little Abraham is now repenting on his father’s act of selling his allocated share of the ancestral land. As I have written before, the property given to the Church was Saramma Abraham’s property and NOBODY can claim a pinch of sand from it. Whatever extent this greedy Mr Abraham attempts to grab this property which belongs to our Malankara Church now let’s all see the outcome in due course. His threatening remarks to his own blood relatives are shambolic and he is not aware that he is spitting lying on his back but ultimately the spit is falling on his own face. May our God Almighty give his some peace and tranquility so that he doesn’t loose his marbles during his “disappointing times.”

Babuchayan

6. Mathew John says:

I have made further inquires into this matter. Our angry young man, Abraham alias Aby Koshy and his “singidies including doubting Thomas” is loosing their plot here. It appears that the so called “lady from Mallapally” is behind all the scene and she is generating further rift in the family. She apparently had a crooked plan to grab the property of these Ammachis during their will execution. But now, she is very much bewildered and perplexed about her inability to do so.

7. Thomas says:

When we read this article we all thought it as an act of generosity and benevolence. But from the comments, we can understand that this donation is insane. It is an embarrassment for our Church to support this injustice. Why our church leaders interested in accumulating the wealth instead of maintaining the peace and harmony of the church members? Any normal reader can understand the intense hatred and enmity of the donor Saramma Abraham towards her brothers even after their death through her comments. How she can love Church or God whom she cannot see if she does’nt love her own blood whom she has seen ? Why she did’nt tell about her brothers who born and brought up in that sand while she mentioned about the distant relative CorEpiscopa who owns 12 acres of plantation? We can consider this donation as a revenge of these sisters (who didn’t get the privilege of getting married )on their brothers and forefathers by demolishing the ancestory or lineage of this family . From the comments it is clear that outsiders are fishing in troubled waters here. Our Bishops and Priests should take some steps to find the sanity of this transaction.

8. abraham says:

Vinith,

First of all, I have not used any false identity, as stated before, Abraham is my Christian name and inherited from my grandfather. People in the family could understand it straight and clear and if you had illusion on it, it just shows your ignorance of the family and the connections. If you notice, the very first comment of Miss. Saramma Abraham, identifies me correctly as she knows who I am and about my lineage.
    I don’t understand whom or what you are apologizing about. In the first instant, you joined the portal with some misleading facts. You have all the right to endorse the financial support you got from your grand maternal home. But your statement that nobody has any right to question the kind heartedness of ammachis is none of your business. That is precisely why I clarified that I am standing in for my paternal right and more importantly protecting my paternal lineage which is at stake with this highest level of generosity. Similarly, you also have all the right to protect and take pride in your paternal and maternal lineage and heritage. My humble advise would be take care of that first and not be over enthusiastic of your grand maternal issues. You have endorsed your gratitude for the welfare you received from ammachis and that should be it.
    Yes, I do not deny they helping me a couple of times in my life and I am grateful for that. In fact, my great aunts didn’t have a good relationship with us until the death of my father. After the death of my father, probably they felt guilty of what they did to him and did extend us a helping hand for a while. I am also grateful to your grandmother as she was very supportive to my father & family until her death. However, the point is, I am standing in for my paternal right and more importantly protecting my paternal lineage which is at stake with this highest level of generosity and not for their property. For your clarity of mind, this is not an issue of wealth as you may be thinking, but only to do with the family lineage, for which only me and Dr. Philip are directly affected and I will go to any extend that we can do to protect it. By the Grace of God, I earn enough to support my family and all our needs.
    You made a statement that I was about to be debarred from appearing for my degree exam. I studied in Kerala until my degree and you did most of your education in Mumbai except for the primary schooling. I do not even remember meeting you in the last two and half decades or more and you would agree to that. In such a situation, how do you get such information (which unfortunately is misinformation)? This would mean that you are writing on somebody else’s counsel and you know what it means. That is precisely why I grouped all of you in the same basket of ‘singidis’.
    Though I don’t need to clarify this to you, but for your happiness I want to make it clear that I do not have a single break in my whole education. If you still doubt, kindly provide me your email address and I will mail you the certificate copies from SSLC to MBA.
    Your statement that I shouldn’t drag in my father’s and uppapans reference is also misplaced. I am proud of my father and his lineage which includes uppapan as well. I am only 37 and lived with my father and mother through the thick and thin of their life (which is mine as well), till my father passed away. The references I made of my father is what I take pride in, including being the son of poor Koshy, who is one of the most respected person in Chengaroor and Mallapally and very well known as Nackolackal family and not by Vattasseril family name. Poor Koshy has a standing in that part of the world and he has been tarnished by his sister and that is what is hurting.

I have complete faith in Indian judiciary and my trustworthy God will help us to prove who is right and who is wrong. Whether I seek the help from Kunjammachi or anyone else is none of your business. I hope that with this you will understand the family values and the connections. My advice to you son (and I have a right to address you so), is to keep out of this.

9. P. Thomas says:

I am a regular viewer of orthodox herald and read this article and also the comments below. (I used to have the follow up after I noticed the first comment). Here family members throwing mud each other in 2 groups, even an 80+ yr old ammachi posting comments( I guess somebody posting for her). It is interesting and funny for the readers and they enjoying it including me as it is somebody’s matter(sorry, that’s the trend of malayalees).
    Though this family is totally strange for me, after seeing the name and house name of one Vinith Varghese, I wonder I know this family indirectly . Did Vinith’s father have a Bus service before in Harippad? Are you from Pallipad? How I remember it is that, my friend’s relative bought the bus from Chirattenkeril family and still I remember the name of that bus at that time was “Vinith”. Later they changed its name. I visited your house in Pallipad a couple of times along with my friends related to this in 1984 or 85(if my memory is right). I guess your grandfather was an Advocate ( I am not sure). Later I heard your father moved to his wife’s house somewhere outside kerala after all that . Am I right? . I didnt get your relationship with this family.Please leave it if you are the wrong person.
    Outsiders cant give any comments for this family dispute as we don’t know the reality behind it. But I had an issue in my house somehow same like this. My father’s younger brother who got the family house tried to sell the entire property as he was moving abroad( the buyer was the son of the servant who served our family long back and who is in Gulf ) and we all opposed it as it is the soil where my father and all his siblings born and brought up. That time everybody accused my father thinking that he wanted to acquire his brother’s property (though it was wrong).
    This young man has the same experience like my father. My mother’s sister is staying in Edavankadu,Cheriyanad and hope I will get a picture about this family from her. Anyway it is an extraordinary case in our place especially in a Christian family with 3 or more unmarried ladies in a house where both the male successors moved from their land.

10. Dear nibu
    First of all apologies for commenting as i did not know you were hiding behind an identity and write as if you were an outsider. If you had disclosed your identity then i (Vinith Varghese – Chirattenkeril) would not have bothered to comment as it is the family issue.
    Now that you have disclosed your identity ( finally) , let me clarify am not a singadi , am the grandson of one of the sisters and it is my moral responsibility to respond to whover writes wrong about ammachis.
    I do have the guts and the willingness to accept that amachis have helped me to become what am .. my question is do you have the same??
    Forget about your father , mother ,kunjappachan etc etc the family problems , i think you were too young and immature to understand the same. Just answr did the ammachis not help you?
    I think you are a practicing christian and coming from the great family line of Thirumenis is it right to write the old family problems( true or false as am not the right person to judge these nor comment) in open forum and throw muck on the family ( as you are the legal heir for the family as you mentioned).
    To get your memory correct you were about to be debarred from writing an examination and it is only because of Marykuttyammachi( why drag her and her family issues into the open forum) and her contacts that you were able to graduate . Also now you are an MBA graduate can you say that ammachis did not help you to achieve this.
    If you think going legally is the solution then go for it and no one will stop you the judiciary in India is very strong to give you justice. You do not require to get the help from Kunjammachi or anyone else to go to court.
    Grow up Nibu and face like a man the issues you have alone and do whatever you think is right and do not waste your precious time and energy in this forum so that the whole world can know how immature you are ..

11. abraham says:

Welcome Miss. Saramma Abraham to this portal; I expected you much earlier because so far all your “singidies” (Mr.Babu Chriyanad, Mr.Mathew John, Mr. Thomas (Jackal), Mr.Vinith Vargese (Chirattenkeril) were adding the comments on behalf of you. None of these outsiders have the legal right to talk about my paternal family and hence I don’t want to reply to their cheap and silly comments. Since you opened up the family matters in public, now I want the world to know about the real stories.
    I thought you are a matured lady but your comments are so cheap like third rate people because you didn’t realize that you are talking about your own blood (your elder brother Late Koshy Abraham) who is my father. Hope you are aware that my God father’s name is Abraham (who is your father & my grandfather) and I don’t want to hide my identity and that is the reason why I joined this conversation as Abraham, Nackolackal. Though my father moved to Mallappally, our house name is Nackolackal and not Vattasseril. As you mentioned in your first comment, still I don’t want a pinch of sand from your family property because my parents (especially my mother) and I worked hard and earned enough for our family. Also, I want to let you know that I am the heir of Nackolackal family and not of Vattasseril family as you mentioned earlier because my father is Late Koshy Abraham (your brother) and grandfather is Late Abraham (Your father). With this donation, you may get some appreciation and fame from others but we (myself & Dr. Philip) are losing our roots forever and since you are not married you may not know the value of generation. But our so called Priests and Hi-Priests do not realize this fact as they blindly believed what you have convinced them. This is not first time in the history that a family donating their property to a church or non-profit organizations. It would have been so nice if it had happened with the knowledge of the remaining family members at least the third sister who is living in Kollam and two daughter-in-laws of the family living in Tiruvalla & Chengaroor as it is a common practice. Being legal heirs of this family it hurts me and Dr. Philip my cousin brother in UK.
    You have mentioned couple of times that my father took the major share of the family property and that is not true as you are also aware that his share was sold for a value around Rs.2 lacs in 1992. When he started working there was no other earning member in your family and the family was survived by his earnings for years and not by the management of your elder sister alone. Everyone at that time knows that your elder sister was not a working lady and she was only managing the farming. Those who have some common sense can understand that how much money we can earn from farming at that time. My father married at the age of 37 and he spent the major chunk of his life and earnings for his family and the uplifting of his siblings. The third living sister who is in Kollam can comment on this (if I am wrong).
    Now let us see why he moved to Mallappally though he has his ancestral property in Cheriyanad. After my father’s marriage, your family lost the source of income from my father as he has to take care of his wife and kids. Because of this my mother had gone through lot of humiliation and discrimination from your so called unmarried sisters and the married sister who is currently with you. Though my father was not interested in the partition at that time, you sisters forced him to do the partition as they felt uncomfortable in living with a married family. There also he was thinking about his sisters and their peaceful life and that made him to move to a different place and literally you all were chasing him out of the family. Even after the partition he left the property in his elder sister custody and finally he sold it in 1992 for his daughter’s marriage.
    The fate of my uncle Late Dr. Michael Abraham (UK) was also not different than my father. He was also become a victim of you sisters vandalism. I am not mentioning much more about his life as I have the respect for him. His wife who is currently in her father’s house in Tiruvalla can give more details if necessary. Why she needs to stay at her house in Tiruvalla when she had her husband’s house in cheriyanad? It is clear that she was also chased out from her husband’s house by you all. We are still keeping a signed letter from my late uncle in 1989 that is a solid proof of your sister’s vandalism.
    Also, I would like to know what is the role of Mrs.Marykkutty in this transaction because she is a married lady as per the Christian tradition (as mentioned by Babu, Cherianadu). She got married to the famous Thevalakkara Vaidyan family and was not legally separated from her husband till her husband’s death. Also, I don’t want to mention her complete story here as it is not suitable for a Christian family. The living heirs of her husband’s family can clarify more.
    Last but least, I would like to know when you sisters started liking our orthodox spiritual leaders as I myself heard so many times you all abusing our priests and Hi-priests. The main proof is that you had mentioned in your comments as “there was a deed pronounced by a will in 2002 January to the Malankara Catholic sisters by 3 unmarried sisters”. This was due to your hate to our church leaders. What happened to this deed? Why it was not executed? Our Sabha metropolitans should do a research on this subject before proceeding with further plans on this donation.
    For your kind information, I am so proud that my mother is from Vattasseril Thirumeni’s family and as you mentioned I didn’t call our metropolitans and vicars as robbers and mafia because I myself is the grandson of a priest of orthodox sabha and I have been serving the altar since I was 10 years old and still continuing it in Middle east. I have mentioned it about the people who are playing behind the scene especially your singidi’s.
    Now, I have couple of questions for you.
    1. If there is no malpractice happened in this ancestral property, what makes you to respond for the comments on this portal?
    2. With your nasty comments about your own blood it is very clear that you want to hide something from the public. Do I believe it is true?
    3. Who is this Babu Cheriyand? How he is related to our family and what right he has to interfere in our family matters?
    4. According to the property laws, all the kids are equally eligible for their maternal property whether they are married or unmarried. How can it go to the church without the consent from all kids or their successors?
    So far I had no intention to interfere in this transaction but since you and your supporting singidi’s dragged me into this, now I decided to move forward with your younger sister living in Kollam in the legal matters to whatever extent possible. God will help us to prove the truth to the public.

12. abraham says:

dear saramma abraham

do you know somy(saramma) koshy. The whole india is crying for her.

Abraham

13. abraham says:

Dr. Philipose Mar Chrysostam said in an article in his own sense of humour, there are three unmarried ladies (mis) behind all the problems in the world breaking religious harmony. 1) misunderstanding, 2) misuse, 3) misrepresentation. I did not try to say anything wrong about the church or spiritual leaders but I mean only some people…… I wish to represent myself as Abraham since this is the name my church is given to me…….

If there is a letter in 2003 it may because of the sadness he had when nobody was attending his marriage from his fathers house nor anybody called him on the day eventhough he went by himself to invite them and with tears he asked to forgive him if he did anything wrong to them. He did’nt keep it in his mind and he visted again to see them with his kids.

In 1989 the younger brother of this family wrote a letter to elder brother saying that he got a residence in UK and remain to live in UK until his death and wish to cremate his body there only when he came to know that his family house is going to be a convent.

Abey Koshy knows only more about a loving father of 1980/90s and he wish to know himself as the son of poor Koshy (Nackolackal Elayedathu Padinjattethil)

14. As stated by Mr. Aby Koshy (Abraham Nakkolackal) in his 2nd comments on 22nd December 2012, I understand that all these fake stories are filled in you by some one else who have no knowledge about our family. The elder brother was in the army for 3 years only and not 5 years during when our father was alive for 1½ years from his joining the army. Yes he had sent some money during these years. He left army on producing medical certificate and came home and stayed Idly for 5 years with no job, but he appeared privately for the 6th form (11th class) examination and passed as he failed earlier. He was helped to go to Singapore by my maternal cousin who is still alive and he can give a clear picture as to how he worked where all he worked and how he lived or sent Rupees to home to help his siblings. For solid 11 years he made no contact with us and my eldest sister prayed very earnestly with Qurbana and offerings for his return atleast. He came back in September 1963 and went back after his marriage. In 1964 he came back again as he was not well which I don’t want to explain. Again he went and came away for good in 1965 straight to his wife’s house brought by his father – in – law from Madras. Whatever he had to get from Malaysia was spent at his wife’s place buying Land and building a house etc with the direction of his father – in – law which was told to me by himself. The younger brother was taken by me to Madhya Pradesh in 1958 and got him admitted for MBBS and my earnings were spent for him till he reached U.K. As you said elder brother did not get the post of post master on his merit. He was without job roaming about and then he was given this post of ED post master with the effort of Mr. N.G. George our 1st cousin who was DET of Telephones. Elder brother left for Singapore in 1952 and I came on job in 1953 and all my hard earned money was spent for our family only for which I made no accounts. My younger sister who was a teacher with her little earnings was also spent for the family till her marriage. The sister younger to her got on to the job in 1962 and later she was in the united states for 21 years. The younger brother went to U.K. in 1967 and he lived on his own before and after marriage and we did not and do not question these to anyone. Thus we sisters contributed all our earnings for the welfare of our family. Yes we were hard of finance in early days but we never extended our hands for help from anyone. Now you are rich due to Gulf money. We are not rich even now. You forgot your old days. Don’t for get that there is a Living God watching every one’s actions and He will reward for everything. Our share was given to Malankara Orthodox Sabha with all our will and pleasure authentically and no robber or mafia are in this deed except that we made request to our vicar and our metropolitan and if you wish, you can call them mafia. Everyone in Orthodox Sabha is proud to say that Vattasseril Thirumeni established the Sabha facing lot of problems. As your mother’s family, is one among Vattasseril family and you are a heir of that family are you not ashamed to say about our metropolitans and vicars as mafia and robbers.
    Are you very sure of all our family history as you said that our “family was ridiculous in 1950. Do you know the meaning of this word ridiculous? Were you here in 1950s? Don’t you want to know further about us before 1950. I don’t wish to write any more comments even if you write again in the net. May God Bless you more and more with prosperity.

15. Miss Saramma Abraham, Elayadethu Padinjattethil, Cheriyanadu says in reply to Abraham Nakkolackal; knowing fully well that This Abraham is none other than Mr. Aby Koshy of chengaroor who is now in the middle East. I being a lady of 84 years old, born and lived and living in cheriyanadu every member of our Nakkolackal family is known to me. Why one is afraid or scared to show the real name when comments are written?
    I have donated my own share of property given to us we unmarried sisters as per the partition deed in 1971 registered at Chengannur Sub Registrars office and was executed the procedures as per the rules of the government and our share was fully used by us for the last 41 years which is our right. Why then nobody demanded any claim or explained that we should not be given any share. Our Ammachy passed away in 1988, elder sister Thankamma passed away in 2002 and Babyamma in 2011, a deed was pronounced by a will in 2002 January to the Catholic sisters by we 3 unmarried sisters, the elder brother who was given the major share of the family sold his share in 1992 march, and wife of younger brother sold the major portion of their share in June 2009 and all these time no one was interested in coming forward for our share or taking the responsibility to look after our welfare. As Mathew John says no siblings or kids have been here or even to pay a visit or during the demise of my sisters. We, now the living sisters 84 and 86 are not yet old and do not know when we are getting old. Does it mean that we 3 unmarried sisters have no right for the share of our father / mother’s property? Whoever came across with us appreciated my act of donating our share to Malankara Orthodox Sabha and also few people through this net.
    After the partition of the property only, we constructed the house and all the development in this family is due to the hard work and management of my eldest sister Thankamma and the earning of these unmarried sisters. No kids or anyone else is found to support us till this age with all problems. Babyamma was confined to bed with chronic renal failure and was on dialysis for nearly 3 years and she was hospitalized several times and I found no one to help me in those difficult days and she left me in 2011 January. One thing to stress here that the major portion of our family property was given to the elder brother who sold it in 1992.
    The elder brother’s kid now a rich person wrote to me in 2003 that he does not want even a pinch of sand from this family and the letter is still with me; and his mother does not wish her son to be the heir of us.

16. Dear Abraham, You don’t know many people because you have forgotten the path you have travelled. Hiding behind a computer screen and writing shambolic comments against our Holy Church and referring the Bishops as robbers shows itself whose son you are. You better realise that your IP address is already known. You have the freedom to express your views but please don’t express your frustrations son !!! Babuchayan

17. abraham says:

Dear Babuchayan and friends

I do not know Mathew John and you. Please share your views or what you knows. Please stop finding the identity of others.

18. thomas says:

Now the grapes are souring for Jackals. It is natural when good things happens.

Past experiences shows REGRETS from the members of our church and among other religions in the vicinity of Cheriyanadu Church ,for those who were against the Church and its faith. Be cautious.

Thomas John

19. Dear Abraham, Thank you for your kindness in expressing yourselves. Now those who are following these posts know who the “real” Mathew John is or at least the brain behind those malicious comments. Babuchayan

20. abraham says:

the elder brother married at his age of 37 and the living third sister married at the age of 30 yrs. The elder brother worked 5 years in Military and 12 years in Singapore. The younger brother was in UK for many years as a doctor there. All these two brothers have respect on their elder sister (late Thankamma) as she was managing the complete family in all these years. The elder brother was working as Supervisor in SINGUE TINGUE ESTATE for 12 years and he sent his earnings to her elder sister to take care of his sisters and brother. When the younger brother become in good status the elder brother agreed the partition to leave tharavad for the younger brother, his living mother and unmarried sisters on a believe that the family will longlive. The elder brother become the first post master in chengaroor in 1970s in a building owned by Vattasseril Poikudiyil Fr. Jacob and this building is retained by his son till now under Nakkolackal family name. The situation of this family was ridiculous in 1950s and it came upto this level due to the hardwork of generations and giving up of many happiness in thier life. If any blood remains in this family I urge to proceed to go to any end of justice and protect the family from robbers and real estate mafia. A word to those who are attached to this ammachis since 1998 – the lord may come on a sudden and you wiil miss the fortune if you leave your eyes closed. So keep your eyes open to the truth around you.

21. Mathew T G alias Baby Says I belongs to Thadathilathu, Cheriyanadu which is part of Nakkolackal family I know these ammachis from my childhood and my house is about 300 meters away from Ammachis house. We are third cousins. From 1998 (before that I was I Saudi Arabia) I am a frequent visitor of these ammachis House.

I believe Mathew John’s message is with malafide intention and is without knowing the facts properly. He made these comments either for someday or he is appearing with a wrong name. What is his intention to watch this family closely? How can he make sure these two brothers kids will take care of these ammachis during their old age. Has he got any assurance from these kids to make such a comment? I have never seen these relatives coming and staying with these ammachis even for one night or visiting at least once in a year.

Out of these three sisters on died in 2002 and the other in 2011. All arrangements were made for their burial only by the first cousin of ammachis and not anybody from Mallappally or Elsewhere. Mathew John has no proper knowledge about amachis and his understanding is like blind man seeing the Elaphant.

The donation has done legally and properly and nobody can make any claim as the title Deed is vested only with Saramma Abrahama (Lissy Amma) for the last forty years. Mariyamma has donated the land which she has purchased from her earnings. Malankara Sabha has made an assurance to these ammachis to make care to them in the rest of their life which has not offered by anybody else so far.

Anybody can challenge anything in the court as we have the freedom but that does not mean that they can win the case without proper documents. Anybody dreaming such a case is in fool’s paradise John Mathew just remember (St Luke 17-1) “It is impossible but that offences will come but woe unto him through whom they come”.

22. thomas says:

Dear Babu,

There were vested interest on this property by lot of people as I mentioned earlier. That is the reason for the delay in registration. I personally know many were trying to grab the property .

Let God decide the future.

Thomas John

23. I totally agree with Mathew John statement and it is going to be a big shame to Malankara Sabha in the case if it is going to challenge in a Court. The church could at least take the consent of the third sister and children in UK and Middle East as long as the church is spread all over the world and it is not a big task for the church. Babu Cheriyanad limits his knowledge by calling the elder daughter in law of the family as a “lady from Mallappally”. I am also from Kallooppara, Mallappally and I remember the speech of the Cor Episcopa praising Vattasseril family when he saw the crowd assembled for the funeral of elder brother at Chengaroor Church in 1992 and if my memory is correct it was covered by video that time. Mar Athanasios and these Ammachis are also present at the time of speech. Hope now Babu Cheriyanadu understood the relation of this family with Vattasseril family and please do not try to say now that these Ammachis do not have any relationship with their elder daughter in law of the family. Anyway church should identify the key persons behind the screen organising such events for fake publicitiy and sure these people will be judged by Almighty.

24. Ammachis have done a wonderful donation and dont think it is any bodys business to comment on the same. God will defentily bless amachis as they have done wonderful things in their own way to all their relatives which they forget .Iam today what am due to all the good things which ammachis have done for me. I dont think any one even the ones in the famil(or outside the family) have the right to question their donations to the church because they have sacrificed their life and given blessings to whom ever they know of in need..

25. T G MATHEW says:

I am Mathew alias Baby I belongs to Thadathilathu , cheriyanad which is part of Nackolakkal family I know these amachis from my childhood and my house is about 300 meters away from Amachis house . we are third cousins. From 1998 (before that I was in Saudi Arabia I am a frequent visitor of these amachis House.
    I believe Mathew John message is with malafide intention and is without knowing the fax properly. He made these comments either for someday or he is appearing with a wrong name. What is his intention to watch this family closely?. How can he make sure these two brothers kids will take care of these ammachis during their old age. Has he got any assurance from these kids to make such a comment?. I have never seen these relatives coming and staying with these ammachi even for one night or vesting at least once in a year
    Out of these three sisters one died in 2002 and the other in 2011. All arrangements were made for their Burial only by the first cousin of ammachis and not anybody from Mallappally or Elsewhere. Mathew John has no proper knowledge about tthese ammachis and his understanding is like blind man seeing the Elephant.
    The donation has done legally and properly and nobody can make any claim has the title Deed is vasted only with Saramma Abraham (Lissy Amma) for the last forty years. Mariyamma has donated the land which she has purchase from her earnings. Malankara Saba has made an assurance to these ammachis to take care of them in the rest of their life which has not offered by anybody else
    Anybody can challenge anything in the court as we have the freedom but the dose not mean that they can win the case without proper documents .Anybody dreaming such a case is in fool’s paradise John Mathew just remember (St Luke 17-1) “ it is impossible but that offences will come but woe unto him through whom they come “

26. T G MATHEW says:

Mathew T G alias Baby Says I belongs to Thadathilathu , cheriyanad which is part of Nakkolackal family I know these ammachis from my childhood and my house is about 300 meters away from Ammachis house . we are third cousins. From 1998 (before that I was in Saudi Arabia) I am a frequent visitor of these ammachis House.
    I believe Mathew John’s message is with malafide intention and is without knowing the facts properly. He made these comments either for someday or he is appearing with a wrong name. What is his intention to watch this family closely?. How can he make sure these two brothers kids will take care of these ammachis during their old age. Has he got any assurance from these kids to make such a comment?. I have never seen these relatives coming and staying with these ammachis even for one night or vesting at least once in a year
    Out of these three sisters one died in 2002 and the other in 2011. All arrangements were made for their burial only by the first cousin of ammachis and not anybody from Mallappally or Elsewhere. Mathew John has no proper knowledge about these ammachis and his understanding is like blind man seeing the Elephant.
    The donation has done legally and properly and nobody can make any claim as the title Deed is vested only with Saramma Abraham (Lissy Amma) for the last forty years. Mariyamma has donated the land which she has purchase from her earnings. Malankara Sabha has made an assurance to these ammachis to take care of them in the rest of their life which has not offered by anybody else so far .
    Anybody can challenge anything in the court as we have the freedom but that does not mean that they can win the case without proper documents .Anybody dreaming such a case is in fool’s paradise John Mathew just remember (St Luke 17-1) “ it is impossible but that offences will come but woe unto him through whom they come “

27. Babu Cherianadu says:

As a senior citizen residing in Cheriyanadu who was also present at the handing over ceremony I would like to make some statement of facts in response to the misleading comments by Mathew John.

I could not understand why Mathew John was so shocked in the first place and what his vested interests are to “watch closely” what these Ammachis have done with their property for which they have full ownership and rights. They are a part of six sisters and two brothers and not five sisters as Mathew John quoted.

The older brother studied in the same school where I studied and he was few years older than me. He left home after school and worked in Singapore for over 10 years and got married to a lady from Mallapally whose family name was the same as of Vattasseril Thirumeni’s family. These Ammachi’s have no relationship at all with Vattasseril Thirumeni. During the speech at the public function I heard Bava Thirumeni mentioning about the name of a Cor-Episcopa who was born in this home who seems to be the first cousin of these Ammachis.

Their younger brother was a doctor and lived in UK for most of his life.

Currently, apart from these two Ammachis only one sister is alive and she has been married over 50 years ago as per the traditions and customs existed in our society in those days.

Because their father died quite early on, these ammachi’s mother called up her unmarried daughters and her two sons and they jointly made a partition deed which was registered at the Sub Registrar Office at Chengannur in 1971. As per the partitian deed each beneficiary got their own share of land. It was specified in the deed that the home would belong to the unmarried sisters. Since then the home and their own share of the land were in their posession and appropriate taxes were paid by them through out these years.

Few years ago both brothers sold their own inherited land which was based on this partitian deed.

Ammachis own share of property and few cents they bought from neighbourhood were only donated to the Sabha. It is very clear that they did not donate anything from the share of their siblings.

It is a bit surprising how Mathew John stated : “Both these two brother’s kids are well settled in UK and Middle East and definitely they will take care of these Ammachis when they become old” What is his definition of old age? How is he so certain that these kids are going to take care of these Ammachis?

Mathew John’s comment about challenging in a court by any family member is going to be futile and useless. The title deed was made by the most renowned local document writer and was fully examined by a leading Attorney. Moreover, we all know that our God will certainly reward anyone along with their future generations who may act maliciously to upset these noble Ammachis.

28. May God bless these Ammachis for their kind hearts. As a person who know this family very closely, I got shocked when I saw this article because these Ammachis are not at all orphans. They are part of a big family of five sisters and two brothers. Both brothers and three sisters are passed away and these ammachis are very close to their siblings and their families. Their elder brother was married from our Vattasserril thirumeni’s family and if my memory is correct his father-in-law was also a priest. Thier second brother was a Doctor and settled in UK. Both these two brother’s kids are well settled in UK and Middle East and definitely they will take care of these Ammachis when they become old. As per my understanding, this is their ancestral property and this donation was not happened wihtout the consent of all family members because It is very clear that the third sister (who is alive) is not in the picture at all. If this transaction has not happened without her consent then she can challenge it in the court.

If this transaction is getting challenged in the court, it will become a big shame for our Malankara Orthodox Sabha and those Metropolitans in the picture.

I don’t think our sabha will do a sanity check about any types of donations. When some one donating their ancestral properties, Sabha should atleast do a background check and make sure that the cases are genuine.

Another thing which noticed in the news that it highlighted about a Cor-Episcopa and that too from a distant relation rather than their relation ship with Vattasseril Thirumeni’s family. Vattasseril Thirumeni is a pride for every Malankara Orthodox Sabha members. All these were pointing to some foul plays in this transaction which we need to watch closely.

29. thomas says:

CONGRATULATIONS ! to the people who have worked hard in order to get this property to the Sabha especially the Vicar and members of St:George Orthodox Church in Cheriyanadu. After prolonged negotiations only it has finally decided to handover the property to the Church.

Sabha should ensure the well being of Ammachi’s and should take responsibilities of all their needs. The property should be properly utilised to help the downtrodden people in our society.

Thomas John

30. Reni Daniel says:

Duirng the first centuray Church took special care of widows. Just ike them elderly peopel need to taken care of presently.

So Church has done a rightthing by taking care of those two Ammachis. And they both deserve praise for donating the house for many generations of faithful.

31. JOHN K RAJAN says:

I do no see one single reason why Malankara Orthodox church needs these properties ? Does it mean that we take care of people who donate their wealth. Is it what jesus preached us ? As a church we can do wonders but we do not have any focus, each diocese is trying to become a kingdom, each church is trying to become a region, each person is trying to become a leader, no centrality of thoughts, no clear direction, focusing on issues which is irrevalent in the present context, if somebody talks about peace and harmony with warring faction, he is called anti church and anti christ. It is being said that God is protecting our church and God wants us to fight these court cases.

Our aim is to look for the overall development of chruch members (both spiritual and worldly) thereby we present ourselves as single unit to the God.

32. Reni Daniel says:

I know a case in Pathanamthitta Church.
    A childless old couple (Orthodox) gifted their high-price property (worth many crores now) to a prominent Church member, hoping that they would be taken care of in their end. Finally what happened was tragic!
    After gifting the property they lived a miserable life, and soon after the Appachen died (Ammachi passed away early) the rich man demolished their small house and built a new bungalow at the land for his son who is now living there. They are not ever remembered on their passing dates.

THE CHURCH SHOULD COME UP WITH A CARE-PLAN FOR ALL AGED PEOPLE IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR ASSETS

33. Reni Daniel says:

See the faith of these tow Ammachis. A example of living faith just like in the first century. Wish them good days. Church, Please take care of all their needs

34. P S Thomas says:

God bless the Ammachis but one thing we have to think who will take care of the respectable Ammachis ? The photos shows that some corepiscoaps and priests are present there to give for their publicity . Similar things happens in Madras Diocese Ms Anni Mathew donated her property to Madras Diocese Metropolita H G Dr Yuhanon Mar Diascorous .Fr. Isac Achan and One senior member of the Diocese Mr A Eapen was very much involved this dealings along with Thirumeni they were look after her till her death Such type of service should give to these Ammachis then only it will fullfill for this noble cause .