INDORE, Madhya Pradesh : Dr Pulikkottil Geevarghese Mar Yulios, Metropolitan of Ahmedabad Diocese and President of Mar Gregorios Memorial (MGM) Higher Secondary School, has consecrated a new block of the school on July 22, 2012, Sunday.
The school was started by the great missionary and visionary Bishop of the Church, glorified Late Lamented HG Dr Stephanos Mar Thedosius (1924-2007) of Kolkata Diocese.
The school has been added to the Diocese of Ahmedabad since the formation of the new diocese under Dr Mar Yulios.
Under the new management, the school is presently witnessing a tremendous growth and became a higher secondary school from academic year for 2012 onwards. The local management under Fr Saju Padachira as Vice President, is doing an excellent work for the development of the school which serves over 1,000 students from the community.
Fr Saju Padachira was earlier Vicar of St Stephen’s Orthodox Church, Salalah, Sultanate of Oman.
Earlier, Dr Mar Yulios led the Holy Eucharist at St Mary’s Church, Indore.
Adv Mathai Mampallil, Managing Committee member of the Church from the Diocese of Ahmedabad, who also serves as the Director of Educational Institutions was also present during the occasion. They together visited the schools in the area.