- Indian Orthodox Herald – Breaking Catholicate, Malankara, Indian Orthodox Church News And Doctrinal Information - http://www.orthodoxherald.com -
Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Church, Madison, to host Forgiveness conference
Posted By Editor On August 30, 2011 @ 12:13 pm In Features,News,World News | No Comments
Orthodox Peace Fellowship conference to focus on forgiveness:
UW professor Robert D. Enright to be keynote speaker
MADISON: The North American Conference of the Orthodox Peace Fellowship has chosen Madison as the location for its 2011 conference. The conference to be held Friday, Sept. 16 to Sunday, Sept. 18.
The theme of the conference will be“Forgiveness: Finding Wholeness Again”
Robert D. Enright Ph.D., professor of educational psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will be a keynote speaker. Enright is a founding member of the International Forgiveness Institute Inc., is the author of four books including “Forgiveness is a Choice.” He has appeared on “20/20” and “NBC Nightly News,” and his work has been featured in TIME, McCall’s Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, and the LA Times.
Other speakers will include:
• Erin Manian (staff attorney for the AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, who will speak on the topic of forgiveness and healing as it relates to the Armenian Genocide of 1915);
• David Giffey (Orthodox iconographer and member of Veterans for Peace, who will speak after a screening of “Kim’s Story: Road from Vietnam” – a film about Kim Phuc, the “little girl in the photograph” of the napalm bombing of a Vietnamese village in 1972);
• Rev. George Morelli Ph.D. (chairman of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese Department of Chaplaincy and Pastoral Counseling Ministry);
• Judith Toy (Buddhist cleric and author of “Murder as a Call to Love”);
• Rev. John-Brian Paprock (pastor of Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Church, Madison, and author of “Neighbors, Strangers and Everyone Else”).
The event will be held at the Bishop O’Connor Pastoral Center, 702 S. High Point Road, Madison. At the end of the conference, attendees can choose to attend Sunday services at Assumption Greek Orthodox Church, 11 North 7th St., Madison.
Fees are $90 for individual (includes registration and five meals, from Friday evening to mid-day Sunday); $50 for Saturday only. $150 all-inclusive fee for a couple ($80 for Saturday only). Overnight accommodations at Pastoral Center are also available.
Reservations must be received prior to Wednesday, Sept. 7. More information is available by contacting Patico at [email protected]
The Orthodox Peace Fellowship is an association of Orthodox Christians applying the principles of the Gospel to situations of division and conflict – in the home, the parish, the community, the work place, and within and between nations.
News sent in: Teresa Paprock
Article printed from Indian Orthodox Herald – Breaking Catholicate, Malankara, Indian Orthodox Church News And Doctrinal Information: http://www.orthodoxherald.com
URL to article: http://www.orthodoxherald.com/2011/08/30/holy-transfiguration-orthodox-church-madison-to-host-forgiveness-conference/
Copyright © 2009 Indian Orthodox Herald - Breaking Church News And Doctrinal Information. All rights reserved.