Kerala Literary Academy Award to the Novel ‘Aadujeevitham’

Written By: on May 19th, 2010 and filed under Church News, Features, News.

BAHRAIN: Malayalam novel ‘Aadujeevitham’(life as a goat) is selected for the Kerala Literary Academy Award (Kerala Sahithya Academy) for the year 2009. Immigrant Novelist Benyamin is the author of this novel.

Benny Benjamin writes under the pseudonym Benyamin. Benny is son of P.M. Daniel, member of St. Mary’s Orthodox Church, Manthalir, Kulanada, which is a parish Church under the Diocese of Chengannur. Benny Benjamin is working at Bahrain.

He has published other Malayalam literary works like Euthanasia, Irunda Vanasthalikal, Abishagin, Penmaaraattam, Pravachakanmaarude Randaam Pusthakam, and Akkapporinte Irupathu Nasrani Varshangal.

His wife Asha Mathew is working at the Ministry of Health, Bahrain. He has two children, Rohan (6) and Kezia (4).

Click For More Articles By:

Readers are welcome to leave their thoughts and reflections below by posting a comment on this topic.
(3 votes, average: 4.67 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

Email This Post Email This Post

Print This Post Print This Post

Disclaimer: Indian Orthodox Herald does not moderate or edit the comments posted in this column. All opinions are solely of the writers and IOH holds no responsibility what so ever for the views written here below.

39 Responses for “Kerala Literary Academy Award to the Novel ‘Aadujeevitham’”

1. Riyadh parathodu says:

Valare karalaliyippikkunna oru kadhayanith. Thangale ethra abhinandichalum mathiyavilla. Enik mr. Nejeebine onnu parichayappedanam. Addhehatthinte addressum phone numbarum tharumo?

2. devdas says:

a great novel. thanx

3. aparna says:

benjamin you are awesome .wish you best of luck.

4. aparna says:

this book encouraged me to put together myfeelings and write a novel.”aksharangal polum chernu ninnanu vakkukal undavunnathu” . quoted by aparna[that's me].if anyone liked this quote please leave amessage .and ofcause
    the book is awesome.

5. aparna says:

as i read this book many things went through my mind .many a times ,in this book most of the characters experience a deep embarassing ocean of dissapoinment.

6. SUBIN AS says:

THE BEST NOVEL AND LOVELY NOVEL

7. deepa Vinod says:

This novel is really a gift to Malayalam literature. What attracted me the most is it’s language. It just flows and not a single word sounds extra. Everything is so perfect and fitting

Congratulations Mr. Benyamin

8. Musthafa says:

This is really a good novel.

9. Musthafa says:

This is really a miracle novel as related to me
    Allah…..will save all
    congrats Benjamin

10. anirudh says:

IT WAS NOT JUST SUPERB BUT MARVELLOUS.BENYAMIN SAYS WE READERS SAT IN FRONT OF A NOVEL ONLY IF IT HAD AN ATTRACTING FORCE.HIS LATEST NOVEL MANJA VEYIL MARANANGAL ALSO HAD THIS FORCE

11. oh benyamin …congratulations
    whn was reading this book ,i felt pain on my heart and eye with full of tears but not come out and i prayed to god nobody has to become like this fate
    AADUJEEVITHAM is wonderful ,amazing and we THE MALAYALEES WAITING FOR YOU AND UR STORIES. THANK YOU BENYAMIN AND GOD BLESS U

12. Lechu says:

tears came rolling as the novel was winding up…. Thanked God for the gifts he gave. asked Him forgiveness for complaining about minor miseries… I realised my miseries were nothing … Thank You Benyamin Sir… Nageeb Ikkaye onnu kandal kollamennund…. Ibrahim Khadari oru valiya chodyachinnamayi nilkunnu…… evidekkayirikkam adheham poyatu????

13. siyad kollam says:

dear benyamin,
    after some decades ,the literature may be classified as the novels before aatijeevitham and after aatujeevitham….sure….

14. Sonia Antony says:

Congrats! Mr.Bennyamin for the award.On the very first,i like the momentum of the story ‘AADUJEEVITHAM’ and the method of. explaining.You could sketch the depth of the desert ,about the cause of a season,the value of water,the oasis on the desert so and so ,and also you might depict,an expatriate had been faced the hardships as well.Neverthless,Assuming more works from your end and wishing u more Triumps and Achievments.

15. THUSHARA PN says:

hey its so super..i can’t express my feelings in any language about this book…its so excelent as well as a reality ….bennyamin..you are so talented writer.god bless you ………………..i got a new experience from riyad by this story.realy i felt that iam at that place..its such a feeling story..i can’t even say ,,no language

16. shaji mathew says:

I am Shaji Mathew former secretary for puthuppally association bahrain,I am very sorry to say you that ,your irresponsibility of what you offer that to attend our X’mas function of 2010. But you flew down to India without inform us,at the last moment of function we contacted your wife and she said that you were not in country,can you imagine how we faced that situation created by your irresponsibility?Till today we dint received any single phone call from you that saying sorry.Is it gentle?

17. athul says:

hi sir,
    I happened to read your book ‘aadujeevitham’…
    it was a rare moment in my life to cry while reading a book. I was amazed at the way in which you represented the real life … i could feel the heat and pain of najeem. The torture which i have heard up till now, i could feel it. You are a real pride to every malayali. I would say you have got a style similar to paulo coelho, as your book inspires everyone who is desperate with their life.Keep writing brother
    May god bless you

18. joshi says:

dear brother bennyamin.thanks for giving such a super novel.for me its not a novel i love najeeb toomuch i want to see him if possible please send his mob no or address to me.thanks by joshi.

19. Naja hussain says:

In one word it is “horrible”.Each page I read with fear and anxiety.
    I have a qn.Ibrahim khadiri is writer’s creation?Please give me bennyamin’s
    emailid.

20. tom says:

can you give me email id of bennyamin,aadujeevitham

21. Dear Benyamin,
    I have no words about this novel,I always remember you and Najeem.

22. Excellent novel…. I didn’t read any book with such interest in recent days….I have already suggested this book to many of my friends… With all respect, I wish you a good luck in your journey….All the best to you sir..!

23. It is very interesting, wonderful, painful but some of small things in the novel can avoid Najeeb’s recollecting about Ramani and comparing the film stars with goat, this things killing the seriousness of the novel, other ways all superb I wish to writer very good futre, Is it true ,Blessy is going to make film with the novel

24. Ammu says:

Hii sir…

Through my brother only I comes to know about you and your novels…..

My sincerest applause and congratulations for the good work of the novel “AADUJEEVITHAM”.

I have nothing to say….it was really a good and meaningfull one….
    Thanks & Regards,
    AMMU

25. Rishad says:

The novel has given a clear picutre of the pravasi sufferes! it superb!
    But some words like arbab for sponser as i know is never pronounced in saudi
    here all of them say khafeel for sponsor! any how it resmbles the old slavary system is still there in blood of some people!

26. Thahaseer says:

MANASSIL THANGI NILKUNNA NOVEL

27. Dear Brother,
    it’s very fantastic classical novel.iam really proud of u.pls transelate the novel to engilish….wat a painfull story…i.think te great msg of tis story is “we shall over come” Iam very interested to meet mr najeeb.can i get their contact number. ” ENIK PRAYAN VAKUKAL ILLA ATHRYAK GAMBIRAM”

28. Najeem says:

Dear Benyamin,
    Read you novel Adujeevitham, superb, i like to point out a few things
    1. Muslims never refer to god as (adheham)
    as you mentioned it should be (Avan)
    2. and also mentioned in one place for death (Chatathu), will never say that it should be (Marichathu)

Bye

29. HARISH says:

Dear Benyamin,
    We read your novel Aadujeevitham.it is really excellant……

30. SIBY JOSEPH says:

I have nothing to say much; to those who didn’t read the novel hitherto – please go and get a copy of it today itself and try to read it at one sitting without loosing its aesthetic beauty.

31. ആടുജീവിതം എന്ന ബെന്യാമിന്റെ പുസ്തകം വായിച്ചു കഴിഞ്ഞു ഞാന്‍ കുറെ നേരം കരഞ്ഞു …
    ഈ കഥയിലെ നജിബിനു വേണ്ടിയോ ,അതോ ഹക്കീമിനു വേണ്ടിയോ അതോ മരുഭൂമിയില്‍ ദാഹിച്ചു മരിച്ച കുറെ അത്മകള്‍ക്കു വേണ്ടിയോ അതുമല്ലെങ്കില്‍ എനിക്ക് കോടികണക്കിനു അനുഗ്രഹങ്ങള്‍ തന്ന പരമ കാരുണ്യവാനായ ദൈവത്തെ ഓര്‍ത്തോ?അറിയില്ല…
    ഈ പുസ്തകത്തിന്റെ പുറം ചട്ടയില്‍ പറയുന്ന പോലെ
    ” നാം അനുഭവിക്കാത്ത ജീവ്തങ്ങളെല്ലാം നമുക്ക്‌ വെറും കെട്ടുകഥകള്‍ മാത്രമാണ്”….

32. aswathi says:

i m pg sudent..adujeevitham inspired me a lot to get into the diasporic studies,especially gulf diaspora…for my pg dissertation i m doing a diasporic study on adujeevitham…how can i get more articles and critical writings about this novel….

33. dear benyamin,
    aadujeevitham is a powerful & painful experience. on going through the life of najeeb my wife & i are very interested to meet najeeb with his family. can i get their contact number. i think ibrahim khadiri is a character created by the author……..any way a superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr work. no ther malayalam writers can do such a classic.

34. This is really a classic novel.
    Malayalam is proud to have such a novel in the genre of Basheer and OV Vijayan.
    Congrats Mr. Benyamin.Please do arrangements to translate it into English. This novel deserves more laurels.
    Cheers!

35. shadiya says:

Mr Benyamine your very very great novelys i cant thing the novel is intresting but Mr Najeeb story is not inersting is life power birng upto year

36. NAMASKAARAM” Benyamine……AADUJEEVITHAM..novel is a vry heartly
    very intresting & painful story
    ooohhhh brother Najeeb…..U R a great legend
    “ENTE JEEVITHATHIL HIRDHAYAM KARANJU VAAYICHAA KADHAAAA”
    Itz very fentastic novel BENYAMINE

37. CONGRATS…… it was my friend who introduced me your book abishagan ….at that time i said i did not know and hadnt heard about ths writer…. but the friend said the book is good and a new style ……… nw only from the news i came to know that u r very near to my native place…. …. and i read the new article on the Mathrubhumi……. ya sure… this is a Niyogam…… and hope the Church will do more to promote and support the young generation those are talented like you………MAY GOD BLESS YOU……
    Fr.Filix Yohannan, Chengannur.

38. tozach says:

Its going to be a movie soon to be directed by the eminent director Blessy. Shooting will start in August. Congratulation Benjamin. Church needs to recognize its children who make special achievements.

39. Mathew Philip says:

Hearty congrats to Mr.Benjamin.

Where can I get a copy of the book?