NEW JERSEY: On Saturday afternoon, January 9, 2010 NJ Indian Christians came together as one Christian body and celebrated Christmas with prayer, bible reading, messages, carol singing, dance, food and fellowship at Liberty Middle School, West Orange.
Rt. Rev. Joseph Mar Thomas, the Apostolic Visitor of Syro-Malankara Catholic Church to North America & Europe was the chief guest for the celebration. Christmas Message by the chief guest, at this time of earthquakes, war and tragedies, was reassuring and refreshing.
West Orange Mayor – Hon. Mr. John McKeon pledged his support to NJ Indian Christian community. Fr. Joy Alappat also spoke on the occasion.
The following parishes participated in the Ecumenical Christmas Program.
1. St. Thomas Syro-Malankara Catholic Church of New Jersey – Fr. Augustine Mangalath
2. St. Stephen’s Indian Orthodox Church, Bergenfield – Fr. Babu Mathew
3. Syro-Malabar Catholic Church of New Jersey – Fr. Joy Alappat
4. St. Mary’s Indian Orthodox Church, Montclair – Fr. Sunny Joseph
5. St. Gregorios Indian Orthodox Church, Clifton – Fr. Babu Varghese
6. The New Jersey Marthoma Church, Randolph – Rev. Jose Abraham
7. St. Thomas Orthodox Church of India, Dover – Fr. Shibu Daniel
Mathew M. Abraham was the Program Coordinator of the celebration.
For more information visit their website